Author: spauda01, published on 2015-09-06
Remix of the Core-XY C-Bot.
300mm x 200mm x 325mm print volume (approximately 12″ x 8″ x 12.75″)
$550 approximate cost
Read the build guide before ordering parts.
Larger cover photo: http://i.imgur.com/oFbBbEb.jpg
Example prints made with the D-Bot: http://www.thingiverse.com/spauda01/makes
All credit for the original C-Bot design goes to cfeniak.
Thanks to those who contributed at http://www.openbuilds.com/threads/c-bot.726/
Ramps 1.4 Enclosure – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1352320
Cable Chain – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1167746
Vslot Endcaps – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:398515
Tubing Clips – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1232213
Bowden retraction stabilizer – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:936611
Extruder Manual Feed Knob (small) – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:474394
Vslot Channel Cover – http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:832077
D-Bot and C-Bot Differences
1) The lead screws and Z motors were moved forward to better lift the print bed from its center of gravity rather than use a fully cantilevered print bed.
2) Increased printable Z height to 330mm (~13″)
3) Use of 20mm rails for the bottom sections to save cost and reduce bulk.
4) Various adjustments of printable parts, either to add plastic where it seemed like more rigidity was needed or to subtract plastic where it was not needed.
5) Accessories such as a simplified spool holder a cable chain for bed wiring
6) Relocated endstop mounting to maximize Y travel and utilize default homing scheme.
7) Overall reduction in cost compared to the original bill of materials (2$ square nuts vs 40$ Tnuts, etc.)
Tags: core-xy, corexy, V-slot