Author: 0110-M-P, published on 2015-07-12
Works with the following Raspberry Pi Models:
- Raspberry Pi 3
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Raspberry Pi Model B+
This Raspberry Pi case inspired by my old Raspberry Pi Model B case. Like my other design this new Pi case features:
- Access slot for Pi camera
- Screw together design
- Screw mounting of Raspberry Pi to case using holes in PCB
- Built in 75mm VESA mounting tabs
- Rotary engine (reuleaux triangle) vent design
- High resolution STL mesh
Also, as always, STEP files of the two halves of the case are attached as well for those who would like to tweak the design for their own use.
If anyone finds any problems (dimensionally or otherwise) post them up so I can get the model fixed.
- Added base design for mounting directly to 8020 extrusions with M5 hardware.
- Updated STL’s for 25mm and 30mm fan mount tops
- Added top cover design for mounting a 25mm fan.
- Added top cover design for mounting a 30mm fan.
- Added base design with 75mm/100mm VESA mounting holes.
This part was optimized for a extrusion width of 0.5mm since nearly all the wall thicknesses are a multiple of this. The picture shown are using ABS with a layer height of 0.25mm and 100% infill.
Screws for mounting Raspberry Pi to base are #4 size and 1/4″ long.
Screws for mounting top to base are #4 size and 3/4″ long.
Tags: pi_3, raspberry, RaspberryPi, Raspberry_Pi, Raspberry_Pi_2, raspberry_pi_3, raspberry_pi_B, raspberry_pi_case, rpi, vesa